2018-2019 STUDIO POLICIES
Our teachers reserve time on their schedules, plan for your lessons, and invest in the long-term development of each student. To provide regular, quality lessons, we respectfully ask that the following policies be observed.
1. Tuition is a flat monthly fee. Most months have four (4) or five (5) lessons, and, on rare occasions, three (3) lessons when in observance of major national holidays (see attached calendar).
2. Membership guarantees a regular weekly lesson time. If, for any reason, your regular teacher is not available, a substitute will be arranged.
3. As a service to our valued members, we provide:
-Two (2) yearly recital performance opportunities at no additional cost (Fall and Spring)
-Educational material, music books, instrument rental and other accessories at no additional cost.
4. Members may purchase additional exam or recital preparation lessons.
5. Membership Tuition is due monthly on the first of each month and billed automatically to your credit/debit card.
1. Membership may be cancelled before the 1st of the month by submitting a 14-day written notice.
2. Cancellation will be effective as of the month in which next tuition is due. You may withdraw the cancellation at any time before it takes effect.
3. Membership is not transferable.
4. I.R. Guitar Lessons does not provide tuition refunds under any circumstances.
5. I.R. Guitar Lessons reserves the right to terminate membership, in which case prorated tuition will be refunded.
1. Students are expected to be punctual to their weekly lesson.
2. Students who are late for a lesson cannot be guaranteed their lesson time.
1. NO tuition credit or refund will be provided for missed lessons.
2. A Make-up Lesson Pass will be issued when a lesson is cancelled with at least 24-hour advance notice.
3. Cancellations made with less than 24-hour notice will not qualify for a Make-up Lesson pass.
4. Make-up lessons cannot be rescheduled.
5. Make-up Lesson Passes are limited to two (2) at a time.
Summer (June, July, August):
1. You may exceptionally put a membership on “Summer Hold” for up to two (2) months with a 14-day notice before the 1st of the month.
2. Your lesson time and teacher will be reserved only by pre-paying tuition for the month following a Summer Hold (Latest resume date is September 1st).
All students may take advantage of a free guitar rental for the duration of their course of study at I.R. Guitar Lessons. A $130 deposit is required, and that deposit shall be returned in full upon I.R. Guitar Lesson’s receipt of the instrument. If the instrument becomes lost, damaged or stolen, students are responsible for the cost of repair or replacement.
Unless requested in writing, I.R. Guitar Lessons is granted permission to take photographs/videos of the students to use in brochures, websites, posters, advertisements, and other promotional materials I.R. Guitar Lessons creates.